- 2 NY Strip Steaks, ~1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese + 2 Tbsp. for topping
- For Steak = Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle pan with 1 Tbsp. oil and 1 Tbsp. butter. When skillet is hot but not smoking, carefully place steak in skillet and allow to cook for 2 minutes seasoning with salt and pepper. Flip steak and allow another 3 minutes on the other side for medium. Season other side with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining steak. Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- For Potato = Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse potatoes and then poke holes in them with a fork to allow steam to escape. Place potatoes on foiled cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt turning to cover entire potato. Bake in the middle rack for ~40-45 minutes until it can be easily pierced with a fork. Cut tops off of potato and scoop centers out into a small mixing bowl. Combine with milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on potato and broil on low until cheese melts and turns golden.