This pecan pie filling comes together in 10 minutes, no joke. I am usually so focused on the dinner that I will be serving that dessert is always an after thought if it even happens. After realizing how easy it really can be, I now have a go-to last minute dessert recipe.
If you’re not in a hurry, you can obviously make your own pie crust which is always preferred.
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop pecans and add them to the pie crust in a single layer.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Pour over chopped pecans.
- Loosely cover pie with tin foil. Bake for 30 minutes covered.
- Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until center is “set.”