Crockpot Pot Roast
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 (16oz) bag baby carrots
- 10 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14.5oz) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dust roast with 1 Tbsp. flour and liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Sear roast over medium-high heat until a brown crust forms on all sides.
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add bay leaf.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- Pour beef broth and red wine over roast and veggies.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Transfer meat and veggies from Crockpot to a serving plate.
- Melt butter and 2 Tbsp. flour stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in 2 cups drippings from Crockpot and simmer until thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.