Yield: 24 spring rolls
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 (3.5oz) package shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 12oz medium shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil for stir-frying
- 4 cups peanut oil for deep-frying spring rolls
- 1/2 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Stir together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and salt.
- Finely chop garlic, green onions, celery, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. peanut oil on medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add garlic and green onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add celery, carrots, and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 6 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Transfer to bowl and allow mixture to cool before filling wontons.
- Lay the wonton to look like a diamond in front of you.
- Place 2 tsp. filling mixture and spread out to form a line in the bottom third of wonton wrapper.
- Fold in sides of wrapper.
- Fold bottom side up over filling and begin to roll tightly.
- Brush egg wash over very tip of wonton wrapper and finish rolling to completely seal.
- Heat 4 cups peanut oil to medium-high heat and fry rolled spring rolls for 3-4 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Serve immediately.