How cute are these little guys?! Everyone is well aware these days of what a caprese salad is, but there is just something so good about a tiny version of anything. Once you get past the “cuteness-factor” these are also a bomb of goodness in your mouth. Enjoy!
Yield: 50 skewers Active Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 25 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 50 bocconcini
- 50 fresh basil leaves, cut in half lengthwise if large
- salt & pepper
- Bring balsamic vinegar up to a boil in a saucepan then lower heat to medium and simmer until it’s the consistency of very thin maple syrup, about 10 minutes. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Thread a mini mozzarella cheese ball, basil leaf (fold in half if large) and a tomato half onto a tooth pick. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, then drizzle cooled balsamic reduction on top.
- Market to Table: Caprese, 4 Ways (williams-sonoma.com)
- Peach Caprese Skewers + Balsamic Vinegar (abeautifulmess.com)
- Caprese Pasta Salad (spoonful.com)