- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 (15oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound ham, diced
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes, strained
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 (15oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- corn bread croutons
- Heat oil in dutch oven until hot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic until softened, ~5 minutes. Add beans, ham, tomatoes, thyme, and chicken broth to pot. Simmer uncovered until reduced by a third, ~40 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh arugula and warm corn bread croutons.