Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 (15oz) can S&W white beans + 1 can water
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, cut in half, sliced, and toasted
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Add entire contents of beans to large pot. Refill the can with water and add to the pot.
- Add onion, garlic, bay leaf, and salt. Simmer with lid on med-low heat for 8 minutes for flavors to combine.
- Add kale and return to burner another 5 minutes, covered.
- Drain contents of pot through a colander, discarding liquid. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in oil, red wine vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon bean and kale mixture onto toasted baguettes and garnish with Parmesan cheese.