Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450F. While preheating, place a dry cast-iron skillet in oven to heat.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg, buttermilk, and 1/2 cup melted butter together. Add to dry ingredients and combine.
- Remove skillet from oven. Add remaining butter. Pour batter into skillet and bake for 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.