- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 red peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 green peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey, browned and drained
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 can S&W black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn
- 8oz medium-hot salsa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- sour cream
- avocado slices
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place peppers on baking sheet, drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and roast for 20 minutes until softened. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Saute onions in remaining olive oil until soft, ~5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, taco seasoning, rice, beans, corn, salsa, and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Spoon mixture into peppers and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until filling is heated through and cheese is melted on top.
- Serve with garnish on the side.