- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (leave seeds out to make it less spicy)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin, freshly ground
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Pita Bread, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and jalapenos until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic until fragrant, ~2 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans, paprika, and cumin until fragrant, ~2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to reduce by half, ~20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add feta.
- Make 4 indents in the mixture with the back of a spoon and crack eggs into each indent. Bake until whites are just set.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with warm pita bread.