- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (toasted, skinned, and chopped)
- 16oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp. whiskey
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Combine chocolate, butter, and 1/2 cup sugar in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Allow chocolate to melt without stirring. Once chocolate has melted, remove from heat and stir in egg yolks.
- Add hazelnuts and whiskey.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/3 of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture whisking vigorously.
- Fold remaining egg whites into chocolate mixture gently.
- Pour into dessert glasses and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Beat cream and vanilla extract until it stiffens. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Top mousse with Chantilly Cream and fresh raspberries.