- 6 large sea scallops
- flour, for dredging
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove foot from scallops and dry very well with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then dredge in flour. Sear in olive oil over medium heat about 2 minutes per side. Remove to plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add wine, vinegar, shallots, and tarragon to small skillet and reduce to 2 Tbsp. Strain liquid and discard shallots and tarragon.
- Turn heat to low, place reduced liquid back to skillet, and whisk in cream.
- Slowly whisk in unsalted butter until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle beurre blanc over scallops and serve hot.