- 8 bacon slices
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Coarsely chop bacon, fry over medium heat, and cool.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and syrup. Add dry ingredients and slowly add in butter, then bacon.
- Preheat a waffle iron. When ready to use, spray with Pam and spoon batter onto iron. Don’t overfill and spread evenly. Cook about 6 minutes until brown and crisp.