Why just color the outside shell of Easter eggs when you can paint the whole egg in vibrant beet juice!
- 2 large beets, trimmed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. coarse ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap beets in tinfoil and roast on a baking sheet until soft, ~45 minutes. Cool, peel, and cut into 1 inch slices.
- In a saucepan, simmer vinegar, sugar, coriander, mustard, cloves, bay leaf, and sea salt for ~10 minutes.
- Place beets in a container and pour vinegar mixture over beets. Allow to cool. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs, strain beet juice, and place eggs in juice until desired pink color is achieved.
- Cut eggs lengthwise, remove yolks and mix with remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill mixture into a zip-loc bag and trim end. Pipe egg mixture into egg-white shells. Garnish with finely diced beets and chives.