- 1 pound tomatillos (husked, rinsed, and cut in half)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 serrano chiles, deveined and seeded
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place tomatillos and garlic in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 15 minutes then allow to cool.
- Blend tomatillo, garlic, and pan drippings in blender until smooth. Add chiles and cilantro, and blend until chunky. If mixture is too thick add water to thin out.
- Transfer to serving dish. Stir in white onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.