- 2 dried chile d’arbol, stems removed*
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. whole cumin
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- Toast chiles, coriander, fennel, and cumin over medium heat in dry heavy skillet until fragrant, ~2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to spice grinder with white pepper and turmeric. Grind to a fine powder.
Store in airtight container.
* Chile d’arbol can be found in the hispanic section of the supermarket. If you can’t find them, any dried red chili will work.