- 6 large poblano chiles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15oz) can S&W Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin, fresh ground
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15oz) can Butter Kernel Sweet Corn
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 0.5 tsp. cayenne
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. masa
- Red onion
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Broil chiles until blistered on all sides (~5-6 minutes per side). Place in an airtight container for 10 minutes (the chiles will continue to steam). While wearing gloves, peel skin off and take seeds out of chiles. Cut into ½ inch pieces and transfer to crockpot.
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat with onions. Drain and transfer to crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crockpot, stir thoroughly, and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, and red onion. Serve with lime wedges.
** Vegetarian chili can be made by adding an additional can of black beans in place of the ground beef.