Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (coarse)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 12 oz hulled pumpkin seeds (~2 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with Pam.
- Gently whisk egg white with lime juice and olive oil. Add spices and toss with pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- Spread out seeds evenly onto sprayed baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes stirring every 5 minutes. Seeds will be done when they are toasted and fragrant.
- Allow seeds to cool on cookie sheet then transfer to an airtight container.
Will keep for 5 days sealed in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from “Epicurious.com; Issue of Bon Appetit/November 2006,” Link to original recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Curried-Pumpkin-Seeds-236244