This recipe is a base for the Cranberry-Lime Sparkler that is both tart and sweet and a great start to Thanksgiving Dinner!
Yield: 1 quart
- 12oz (3 cups) cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 strip lime zest (1/2 x 2 inches)
- 3 cups water
- Bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until cranberries are broken down, ~20 minutes.
- Once mixture has cooled, blend then strain through a fine mesh strainer.
Mixture can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Recipe adapted from Armentrout, Jennifer. “Cranberries.” Fine Cooking Oct/Nov 2011: 20.