- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 shallots
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pie crust
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Poach chicken in 1 cup broth for about 20 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool before cubing.
- Add carrots and potatoes to broth and simmer until tender about 10 minutes. Remove from broth. Once cooled, mix together chicken and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Heat butter and saute shallots until tender. Add flour and mix constantly for 5 minutes. Slowly add broth and wine until mixture boils. Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Spoon chicken/vegetable mixture into souffle dishes. Pour thickened sauce over mixture.
- Roll out pie dough and cut to fit over souffle dishes with a 1″ overhang. Tuck dough under and press sides of dish to create a crust.
- Gently whisk egg and brush egg wash over dough. Make slits to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake until crust is browned and filling is thoroughly heated about 45-50 minutes.
- Let pot pie rest 10 minutes before serving.
I’m so proud to announce this is my very first recipe post. It took me all weekend but I figured it out. I’m the smartest woman alive!!!!!! Enjoy 🙂